March 12, 2009

23 at 23.


It's that time of year again. My birthday!  It's in two days and I am going to turn 24.  Last year I put together a list of things I did in my 22nd year of life.  I decided to make it tradition and make a list of things I did and what happened in my 23rd year.  It's even in order this year!

1.  Picked out a puppy for my 23rd birthday and named her Charlotte.


2.  Celebrated my husband's 23rd birthday.



3.  Moved to Charlotte, North Carolina for Greg's summer work.

4.  Spent a week in sunny Florida with my family.  Greg was MIA because of work commitments.


5.  Celebrated 5 years of "togetherness" with Gregory.

6.  Discovered a wonderfully good Mexican restaurant called Azteca right next to our apartments in NC.


7.  Took a day trip with Gregory to Lake Lure which National Geographic named the nation's top ten most beautiful man made lakes.


8.  Enjoyed illegal, by Utah standards, fire work fun in South Carolina on the Forth of July.


9.  Put together a messenger bag.


10.  Celebrated two years of marriage.

11.  Spent a small romantic getaway in Myrtle Beach to enjoy our two year anniversary.


12.  Traveled across the country in a car once again, but with a dog this time.


13.  Moved back to Utah.

14.  Started my last semester of college.

15.  Enjoyed the annual Miller family Park City trip over Labor Day weekend.



16.  Discovered the wonderful work out of Yoga.

17.  Dressed up as Gregory for Halloween.

18.  Got pregnant.



19.  Saw a brother-in-law get married.


20.  Got a new job.

21.  Took a cruise to Mexico while in my first trimester of pregnancy.


22.  Graduated from Weber State University with my Bachelor's degree in Health Promotion.


23.  Learned that our little one is going to be a little girl.

I had a quite an awesome 23rd year.  It's going to be tough to beat!  But finally meeting this little girl I know will blow this 23rd year out of the water.

10 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey I have one for you....
You were free at 23 but at 24 you will have even more!
HAHA!! I can't believe that you are going to be 24! You are way too young to be having kids! Oh, wait. I was just way old when I started. At your age I was.....Well lets not talk about it. Lov ya sis!

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

I LOVE that you started this tradition! It's so fun to read about! Happy birthday in 2 days!

Unknown said...

Happy upcoming bday!!! I am wishing it early because I will be traveling the world! Anyways, you sure do live an exciting life. Look at all those fun pictures. But I agree...24 will blow it out of the water! love you guys! happy birthday dear kara...happy birthday to you!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!!! You have done a lot of awesome things this past year and I love that you take pictures! That is something I am not good at! I hope you have a wonderful day today!

britta said...

Oh my GASH! What a great year kara! I need to do this too.... when you list big things like this- it reminds you of how great life is! Oh sigh. You have accomplished so much this year! And... as far as crafts go, I LOVE the messenger bag! I can't wait to see all the neeto stuff you'll do for your sweet baby!

April said...

Happy Birthday Kara! It does look like a great year. I am blessed to have been a part of some of it.
Hope today was perfect.

Krystal said...

Happy birthday hope you had a great day and especially a fabulous year.

{Layla} said...

oh I loved this post!! Good idea I might have to steal it for my next birthday! And happy late birthday! I was just about to leave a comment asking you to put your birthday as a comment on my birthday post so I wouldn't miss it and I read that it was your birthday! Boo! I missed it! Well I hope it was lovely!!!

Marianne said...

Kara Happy Happy birthday!!! I love your traditional post! you are too cute! Thanks for coming to Julesy's B-day. You guys are so much fun! We love you three! :) And congratulations on your Graduation!!!

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Kara I hope you had a great birthday! I loved look back through your pictures. What a great idea! I hope you're feeling well and everything is going great for you guys! PS Congratulations on your baby girl!