April 5, 2009

They are starting to notice.


I work with children. Last week I had an great interaction about my growing belly with one child...

Seven year old: What is that? (Pointing towards my stomach)

Me: A tissue. (I was holding a tissue right in front of my stomach)

Seven year old: No! What is that?! (Again pointing to my stomach)

Me: Oh...that's a baby!

Seven year old: You are having a baby?! (Very confused and shocked look on his face) Oh I thought it was just food or somethin.'

Another seven year old speaks up: Ya I noticed too, but I wasn't gonna say anything because I was wondering if it was a food or a baby.

Me: Umm...well, yes that is a baby! Not food in there. Thanks for noticing, you are so smart.

I am now in my six month and can't wait to hear what the kids have to say to me in my 8th and 9th month. I am sure it will be good.

8 comments:

{Layla} said...

Ha ha ha! That is classic! Kids sure do say the funniest things!

The Hulls said...

That was great! Kids are so honest! You look great such a cute little belly!

Heather said...

That is so funny! Kids say the craziest things! You look so cute! I am so excited to see you on saturday! It's going to be a blast! Oh and don't let me forget to give you your portfolio.

Krystal said...

You look so great, Im worried that I won't be a very cute pregnant person when it happens. I used to teach sunbeams and they would always say the funniest things.

Blog Ness Monsters said...

YOU LOOK AAMAAAAAZING! I remember being THRILLED beyond THRILLED once people finally started to notice MY belly. Congratulations!

Lignell Family said...

what a cute little bump you are getting.. how are you feelling?

Jacey said...

Oh I love it! You're just as cute as ever!!

Nat-a-baby said...

I'm glad you have a good sense of humor about it. You are still looking so cute. I'm glad you post up pictues every once in a while. There are some that won't when they're pregnant and it makes me angry b/c I want to see how far along they are, etc. Anyway, I'm happy for you guys!